“‘We’re like Trip Advisor for banks,’ [Mighty Founder] Megan Hryndza said. Behind her, a Powerpoint read, ‘Americans put 40 percent of their money into 0.1 percent of banks. Know the other 99.9 percent.’”
"In some ways, the election and its aftermath has breathed new life into so-called values based banking. It also represented an opportunity to be more aware as a nation," said Megan Hryndza, CEO of Mighty Deposits.
Mighty is like a cross between Yelp and Kiva. Yelp, in the sense that one of its ultimate goals is to refer users to banks that can meet their needs as depositors; Kiva, in the sense that the key differentiator among banks, other than geography, will be impact on places and people.